Friday 21 June 2013

Finding a new van..

Once the decision was made to sell the romahome I then had the fun/Argo of finding a replacement. After having a look around I decided on getting a fairly new panel van to do my own conversion. This ended up being a long wheel base. , hitop ford transit.. I chose this to maximise the internal space... And the transit for cheap repairs if I needed to although as it is a 2008 plate, hopefully there won't be any repairs needed for a while. 

As I had chose a panel van, the first job I needed to look at was. Getting some windows put in. After thinking about doing this myself I decided I'd rather pay the extra pennies and get them professionally fitted. 

After finding a company to fit them, I had to get the van prepped ready for installation day. This involved removing the bulkhead (which I then offered up for collection on the transit forum)  and taking off the ply lining which has been kept for use on the fit out.

The window fitting day arrived and after an early start and a few hours shopping in a different town I got picked up by the fitter to be taken back to my very light van... 

The new van as it started...




No comments:

Post a Comment