Sunday 23 June 2013

After the window fitting..

Now the windows have been fitted its time to think about the inside and what I want where.. .. So armed with a tape measure and. Some duct tape I spent the afternoon in the van measuring what I would like in the van and how I had viewed it in my head to see if it would fit...

I will say the only thing at present that I had to change was the main bed from going lengthwise up the van to across... It was either that or I had to lose the single seat dining/sleeping area at the rear of the van... 

So now it is all marked up... Time to start making things... 

I did rope Justin (my son) into helping me lift a spare double kitchen base unit into the van  just to see what I needed to do to it for it to fit... Haven't told him yet he has to lift it back indoors so I can attack it with the saw... 

Yesterday evening I started to make the single bed bases for the rear of the van... I started on these just in case I made a mistake.. Or they didn't turn out as expected  as it would be cheaper and less time consuming to redo them. 
I will say they turned out pretty good for a first attempt... Even if I did forget on the first one that I had to allow for the wheel arches.. 

Photos to follow.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment